Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ready for the Quilt Show

Our guild show is this weekend and set-up starts tomorrow. I'm not sure where this procrastination gene comes from, but I do know I've passed it on to my kids. My quilts are ready to go, but Julia still needs to finish binding the QOV and put a label on it and on Josh's quilt.

I'm so happy that my Geese in the Forest is finished. I love it!
Thank you, Anina, for this fun BOM project!


I wasn't sure how to quilt it, but I knew I wanted an all over random pattern. I doodled on paper until I found the look I was after, then started quilting.


I also finished Wildflowers, from Bonnie Hunter's Weed Whacker pattern. I was really happy with the top and the stash it used up. I was lazy and skipped the pieced border.


The top row (the bottom in the photo) was made from leftover strip pieces cut into bricks and the leftover triangles from the weed whacker piecing. I had a few of these blocks left over from Lily's quilt.


I'm not crazy about the quilting on this one. I realized over the past couple of weeks that I really enjoy machine quilting small quilts, say under 50". But I don't enjoy free-motion on larger quilts. From now on, I'll be farming out those jobs to my friend, Pat. Live and learn.

I made this tessellating hexagon table topper 2 years ago after I saw the Simply Quilts episode with Martha Thompson. We have a mass of bittersweet in the backyard this year, so I plopped a bunch in my hand-painted Italian pitcher from Florence. That's about as far as I've gotten with Fall decorating. Sad, but true.


Sending happy thoughts to Karen.
Tina

8 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

I love love your geese.

Next time sprits the paper lightly with water, wait a minute ... paper will melt away.

Betsy said...

TINA YOUR FOREST QUILT IS STUNNING

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your Geese in the Forrest are amazing!! Great job!
I finished mine yesterday, but am waiting for the rain to stop so I can photograph it!

Lurline said...

I love all three quilt and Geese in the Forest is amazing!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Unknown said...

Your Geese In the Forest is spectacular!! You should be so proud. I love it! I also love your weed whacker quilt, just so bright and cheery!

Amanda Jean said...

all of your quilts are fabulous! i'm not usually a fan of tabletoppers, but i love yours!

Anina said...

Oh my! Your Geese in the Forest is stunning!
Congratulations!

Sarah said...

Your Geese quilt is beautiful! The greens work really well, do you use it as a quilt of have it hanging?