Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Strawberry Lemonade

 Here's another blizzard finish. The combination of pink and yellow makes me think of strawberry lemonade. And don't we need a little splash of summer about now?



My friend Ellie pieced this beauty and passed it on to me in November. I'm not sure why she didn't want to finish it. The colors and assortment of fabrics are so lovely. I think we'll donate it to our guild's auction in October.
 

I really enjoyed quilting this! Why is it easier to finish someone else's UFO? One continuous line of quilting means no threads to bury. And no marking is required with this design. Win-win!
 

I found an assortment of peach fabrics in my stash that I thought worked well for the backing and binding. I dug back to the 90's for that binding fabric! It is quilted with a yellow Superior So Fine thread. I love the texture of the quilting on the back. This quilt could be a large table runner, or one corner could be tacked down for a cool vertical wall hanging.
 

Strawberry Lemonade
By Ellie Coffey and Tina Craig
2014-2015
24" X 60"

3 comments:

Terri said...

Love the color combo!
Hugs

Julierose said...

That sure looks good right now after our blizzard! all i can see out our windows is W H I T E !!
It surely makes me wish Summer would hurry up and come...lovely quilting...hugs, Julierose

Jodi said...

So pretty, Tina, and great quilting! I think I would be selfish and keep this one for myself! At least for a little while for some cheer through the rest of the winter - no one will know it was gently used! :-)