Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

Pete finished Jazz Camp at URI on Friday afternoon. To close out the week, the kids perform in concert for their parents and friends. It's amazing how much talent we have here in Little Rhody!


This is the percussion ensemble which Pete named
Weapons of Mass Percussion.

He also played in a small combo (but the pictures were blurry).


Then Julia and I were off to Girl Scout camp with our troop.


Julia loved kayaking!


I can't decide if I prefer the dining hall full of campers or cookies!


In our attempt to make something everyday, I present a friendship bracelet Julia made at camp. Doesn't it look like a snake on the butterfly bush?


And more paper beads. I can't stop making them!
As I roll them, I thread them onto a wire. Then I can seal a bunch at a time and hang them to dry. I will need to wait a few days, because it is so humid.


And the most exciting news...

Learners Permit..................$11.50

Empty parking lot....................Free

Julia's first time behind the wheel....................Priceless!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great wrap up!! But the best is the smile on Julia's face behind the wheel. The real question is was there a smile on your face too??