Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Orange You Glad

 An orange mini is my first finish of 2015. It will be my entry in a monochromatic challenge at a quilt retreat in March. When I was cleaning my storage space, I found twelve 3" string blocks in a basket full of Orca Bay parts from 2011.  (I am a terrible mystery quilter.) I quickly made twelve more blocks to set into a simple mini.


 I really like the mum quilting that radiates out from the center. I used an awesome spool of variegated orange Aurifil 50 wt thread. I inserted folded triangles in the corners and a bamboo skewer for hanging. The binding came out of my binding scrap bin.


It's not my favorite mini, even though it is made from my favorite color. It is what it is. It is a nice size for the center of my kitchen table.
 

Orange You Glad
12" X 18"
January 2, 2015

4 comments:

Terri said...

My second favorite color. Ahhh, orange. Nice string.
Hugs

Jodi said...

One of my favorite colors, too, Tina. I did one of Bonnie's mystery quilts, and it was a lot of work, but I finished it. I gave it to my nephew who loves it.

margaret said...

lovely colours orange and green could not live without them

Debbie said...

oh I like it! And I love the quilting!