Saturday, April 14, 2012

Fun at MQX

 Next time I go to a show with Karen, remind me to leave my credit cards at home! This lovely lady from Red Barn get us every year!  She does the best demos and makes everything look so easy.  So every year, Karen and I buy whatever she is demonstrating.  This year it was cathedral windows by machine.  This is Karen buying the tote bag pattern.  She posted a photo of me being suckered in by Ms. Red Barn.


Here are a few of my MQX purchases.  The glue pen, purple thang and aqua fabric with needles and thread are from Red Barn.  The two prints at the bottom of the pile were actually from the Folk Art Quilts trip with Bonnie on Wednesday.


Another demo, another purchase.  This is my new friend, Stephanie Farrell.  In the course of her 5 minute ruffle scarf demo, we discovered we have so much in common!  We both can only knit, not purl, and we knit continental style because we learned to crochet first.  The three skeins in the bottom left of the photo are mine.  (Sucker!)


I did the most damage at the Superior Threads booth.  My favorite thread is So Fine 50 weight.  I arrived with list in hand!  I may never need to buy thread again!  I buy needles from them, too.  The titanium coated topstitch needles are the BEST!

OK, Tina.  Step away from the vendors and move on to the quilts!

I love seeing quilts I know.  Pineapple Patience was made by my friend, Pat Harrison.  She does gorgeous work!


Caught in the Act by Barbara McKie is so cool.  She uses a unique technique to transfer photos to fabric, then does an amazing amount of thread painting.
  

Randall Cook's Enlightened Freedoms.  Have you seen the documentary Stitched?  It's wonderful and features Randy, Caryl Bryer Fallert and Hollis Chatelain.


Best in Show!
America, Let it Shine by Sherry Reynolds
This is a show stopper!  Every detail is over the top.  Quilted on a Bernina!


5 comments:

Northern Deb said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I really like the cat quilt... my daughter's cat likes to drink from the bathtub faucet... this reminds me of him.

Northern Deb said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I really like the cat quilt... my daughter's cat likes to drink from the bathtub faucet... this reminds me of him.

sherry reynolds said...

Thanks so much for posting a pic of my quilt, "America, Let It Shine". I so wish I could have been there :(, but enjoyed seeing the pic with the ribbons!

Sherry Reynolds

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Wow, what great quilts!! And fabulous purchases! But where's the photo of the threads?!!

Highland Monkey's said...

I thought that was a photo of a cat when I first glanced at it. Wow, one clever lady. I don't think I could leave my credit card at home going into a shop like that. I would probably kick myself for not buying that absolute must have!!