Monday, June 8, 2009

A Fun-Filled Weekend

A high school band concert, a baptism and a birthday. And a blooming peony! They are my favorite flowers, but I'm not very good at growing them. I suffer from intense Peony Envy this time of year!


We traveled to upstate NY for Anna's baptism. My cousin is a priest, so he performed the baptism at his church. Tom does a Lion King thing at the end of every baptism to present the baby. She's looking down at her daddy for help!


The party afterwards was awesome, with great food, family and friends, and bocce. Lily and her Pop (my silly brother) played in her little tent. She is almost 2 and talking up a storm and she's so smart!


We also celebrated Bill's birthday. He was happy to spend some time with his parents and shoot hoops with Pete on their backyard court.


My niece asked me if I could make something out of the little hats the babies are given at the hospital when they are born. She has 2 for each girl. She also gave me a couple of onesies in case I need some extra "fabric." We're thinking about some little teddy bears, maybe with a pocket for a lost tooth. Got any other ideas?


Look what came home with us? My mother's Necchi had been living with my niece, unused for a couple of years. They ran out of room for it in their house, now I need to make room for it in mine! I'll show you the neat cabinet when I move it in from the garage.


I won a giveaway at Alderwood Quilts. Thanks, Sue! I'll add that to my list of things to make. I love the name Bella Nonna. It means Pretty Grandma!


On the list this week: a pile of charity quilts to finish by Wednesday (if I can).


I'd better get to work! Have a great week,
Tina

No comments: