Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Janet!

It's Janet's birthday! I hope she's having a great day. It means so much to me to have a friend like her, which I can tell all of blogland, but can't tell her in person or we'd both be standing in puddles of tear. We have a lot in common- Girl Scout leaders, happily married mothers of 2, love to craft, attend the same church, etc. I gave her a birthday postcard last night at the last middle school concert of the year.


My incredibly talented son played in all three groups: Jazz Band (his favorite), Symphony Orchestra (with only one rehearsal!) and Stage Band.

And Janet's lovely and talented daughter, Lea on bass. Pete described her this way: "She's- like- awesome."

I finished 3 of the 4 Linus quilts for our guild meeting on Wednesday. The baseball one on the left is a cheaper by the dozen quilt. The small quilt in the middle used left-over twisted happy blocks. And the big one on the right was started at the guild last year with donated 6" squares.


I tried machine stitching the binding thanks to the encouragement and tips from Judy. I'm really pleased with how they came out and I was able to bind all three in one day! Thanks, Judy!


My heart was broken by a dear this week. This is what my lily plants look like now. Big, fat, juicy buds, completely gone.


I'm ready to dig out all my lilies! I don't think I can take the disappointment another year. When I spray diligently, I am greatly rewarded. I'm not usually that diligent. The last time I saw flowers on this plant was 2 years ago. Oh, well. I guess it wasn't meant to be.


I'm off to work on crafts for a Girl Scout fundraiser. Maybe a certain Girl Scout will finish them when she gets home from school. Will this school year ever end?!
Tina

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

My Lilies were in full bloom when we got home yesterday -- no deer here in downtown Minneapolis to eat them thank goodness!

I like the way you set the twisted happy blocks with alternate blocks.