Sunday, June 25, 2017

Oliver's Quilt

 Hi, everyone! It's been almost a year since I've posted here and I miss you! I've got some catching up to do. It won't be chronological, but I hope to include all my finished projects since last August. Eek!

Let's get back in the swing of things with Oliver's quilt! My niece in California is expecting her first baby in a few weeks. She is doing the nursery in blues and gray with whales and octopi. How cute will that be?


I knew Preppy the Whale by Elizabeth Hartman would be the perfect pattern.  It was fun to choose a bunch of blues, but I had to throw in that one fun orange whale!


I recently purchased a ruler foot for my Bernina. I just happened to have a (never used) Leaves Galore ruler in my stash that was a perfect wave. It was thick enough for the ruler foot to run alongside with no trouble. For my first attempt at ruler work, I think it went pretty well!
 

The print on the back is pretty cute, but was just a little too narrow. A bit more orange to the rescue! When it came time to add the binding, I couldn't find the gray strips that I had cut out. (Don't you hate when that happens?) I dug into my bin of leftover bindings and went with scrappy navy blues. I think it probably worked better than my first choice gray.
 

I couldn't resist using the larger cut offs from the stitch and flip triangles. I'm keeping that little mug mat for myself as a souvenir!


 With a little bit of terry cloth and some leftover fabrics, I made a cute set of burp cloths from a tutorial by made everyday


Oliver's Quilt
47" x 50"
Started May 28, 2017
Completed June 10, 2017

6 comments:

Sue SA said...

Wow a beautiful quilt and matching accessories, great present!

Ariane said...

Such a beautiful quilt!! I love it! The little mug rug and burp clothes are sweet too!

Anita Grossman Solomon said...

Glad your able to make time to blogging. I always enjoy reading what you are up to.

margaret said...

so good to see you back blogging and hope to see more of what you`v made whilst away. So many bloggers seem to have gone over to instagram which is such a shame This is a real cute quilt for a baby and the burb cloths will be a God send for the new Mum

Sandi said...

Sweet papers for a baby boy, nice to see you blogging again!

WoolenSails said...

That is adorable and love the design and fabrics, as well as the cloths to go with it.

Debbie