It's been a very quilty couple of weeks. I've been obsessively stitching every chance I get. Quilting mojo has been high! I wish I knew why or how to keep up the momentum. I'm taking a necessary break, but I hope I can get back to that high level soon.
Last Wednesday I finished a Quilt of Valor that has been waiting for years to be finished. It will be gifted soon to a very deserving WWII veteran.
The next finish was my One Block Wonder, AKA the geranium Jekyll and Hyde quilt. Read more about it here, including its two sided binding.
I had collected our guild's donated blocks for Diana's Golden Needle. When I saw that we were just a few short of having enough for a full top, I stitched up enough blocks from donated strips. Not being able to stop there, I stitched them up into a top. I'll mail it off to her after I show it to the guild next week.
I got a call that I didn't have to go in to work on Monday. I should have used that bonus time to clean the house. Instead, I took out these spool blocks and finished the top. I took a class a few months ago and picked up some tips for easily piecing Y-seams. The pattern is similar to Debbie Mumm's spools at this link. Our blocks are slightly smaller and pieced with Y-seams. I can't wait to start quilting this one with a rainbow spectrum of thread colors.
My poor machines were probably ready for a break! Lately I've been doing all my piecing on the Featherweight and all the quilting on the Bernina. It's a nice division of labor.