Wednesday, July 1, 2015

WIP Wednesday

 It's been a very quilty couple of weeks. I've been obsessively stitching every chance I get. Quilting mojo has been high! I wish I knew why or how to keep up the momentum. I'm taking a necessary break, but I hope I can get back to that high level soon.

Last Wednesday I finished a Quilt of Valor that has been waiting for years to be finished. It will be gifted soon to a very deserving WWII veteran.
 

The next finish was my One Block Wonder, AKA the geranium Jekyll and Hyde quilt. Read more about it here, including its two sided binding.
 

I had collected our guild's donated blocks for Diana's Golden Needle. When I saw that we were just a few short of having enough for a full top, I stitched up enough blocks from donated strips. Not being able to stop there, I stitched them up into a top. I'll mail it off to her after I show it to the guild next week.


I got a call that I didn't have to go in to work on Monday. I should have used that bonus time to clean the house. Instead, I took out these spool blocks and finished the top. I took a class a few months ago and picked up some tips for easily piecing Y-seams. The pattern is similar to Debbie Mumm's spools at this link. Our blocks are slightly smaller and pieced with Y-seams. I can't wait to start quilting this one with a rainbow spectrum of thread colors.


My poor machines were probably ready for a break! Lately I've been doing all my piecing on the Featherweight and all the quilting on the Bernina. It's a nice division of labor.

6 comments:

Ali Honey said...

Well Done! 4 finishes is a great achievement.

margaret said...

some lovely finishes here, like you I have been piecing with my newly acquired featherweight

Rike Busch said...

These are so beautiful quilts and I love the spools.
Greetings, Rike

Gina said...

Great finishes. I love the spools quilt. One of these is on my bucket list. I'm thinking of doing it as a form of I spy quilt. I just need to find a child for the excuse to make it

Sue SA said...

Great finishes, especially love the rainbow of colours in the scrappy trips and spools tops.

Claudia said...

Beautiful !!! You have been very busy !!