Friday, March 27, 2015

Bears in the Suburbs

 This poor quilt sat in the UFO pile for years and years. Six years, to be exact! When I finished the top a year ago, I posted this recap of the project. You can hop over there if you are interested.


I'm in quilting mode, getting a few quilts done for upcoming Habitat for Humanity home dedications. It was easier to get this done after I had an idea of which family it will live with.
 

I did an overall stipple through the blocks in a medium tan thread. I'm having some trouble with Superior So Fine threads breaking or skipping stitches. This may be due in part to low humidity. Who knew?
 

I wanted to play a little in the borders, so I treated each one to a different design.
 

Even though I used a lot of mauve from the 90's, I still like the overall effect. I love the stripe that pulls all the fun colors together. What's not to love about a bear's paw?
 

Bears in the Suburbs 
 Bears in the Farmhouse Quilt Along by Judy Laguidara
Started February 2009
Top completed January 13, 2014
Quilt completed March 24, 2015
72" X 87"

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful quilt and I know it will be well loved by the family that gets it.

Debbie

Loretta said...

I love love love this quilt!!!! Love the bright colors and stripes!

Лёка said...

I admire your work! Just as well as beautiful. Glad to have looked into your blog.