Wednesday, August 20, 2014

WIP Wednesday

 It's been a little busy around here as the summer winds down, so there's not much sewing happening.

I finished the applique on my class project from last week. I'll get this Hawaiian pillow layered and quilted soon.


I'm still not completely happy with my inside curves and points, but they are getting better.


Julia is gearing up for her term abroad in Tanzania. Way back in June, she bought fabric and elastic to make these skirts. They were finally sewn up this week. Julia always dresses modestly, but her old skirts were a little too short.


I got to use my new labels even though she did most of the work.
 

I'm looking for a big chunk of time to start working on the star points of the wedding ring quilt. Maybe tomorrow?


Have a great day!

http://www.freshlypieced.com/

7 comments:

Valerie said...

That purple appliqué is absolutely striking. And oh, goodness! The star double wedding ring! I can't wait to see that finished!

Dee said...

Oh my goodness....your sneak peak is amazing!

dq said...

I love your Hawaiian block! Your work is very nice and the colors are lovely.

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

Love your Hawaiian appliqué! If I ever get back there, I'm already planning to take a class. I feel like it would be a great souvenir!

margaret said...

your Hawaiian applique has been stitched beautifully and ill make a lovely pillow.

sajuki said...

great !
Greetings from Poland :)
Katarzyna


www.sajuki.blogspot.com

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

Aloha! Lovin the Hawaiian applique!
Great skirts and looking so... forward to seeing WR quilt--the colors are stunning!