Wednesday, July 23, 2014

WIP Wednesday

 I didn't get a lot of quilting done this week, as I was cleaning for company.

Tangerine and Teal was finished last Wednesday. Read more about it here.


I finally cut out the pieces for the wedding ring arcs. The new Judy Neimeyer pattern has instructions for strip piecing the arcs. I tried  it, but didn't enjoy it. I'd rather piece with rectangles. It took about 2 hours to cut out 1280 rectangles- enough for 160 arcs! I think I'll try working on 20 at a time.
 

I'm not sure what will become of these fussy cut hexies. I think they look like gears.
 

In a never-ending attempt to get organized, my husband helped me hang some decorative shelves in our bedroom. I thought I wanted a ladder in this corner, but I can put a lot more quilts on these shelves. 
 

I had to snap a pic of the dining room table cleared off. It lasted only 3 days and things are piling up already.
 





Have a fun Wednesday!

http://www.freshlypieced.com/
(Linkup is on vacation today.)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Strip piecing is not my favorite thing to do either...made me laugh on those hexies looking like gears...you should go with that theme in a quilt!

Debbie said...

yikes RE: your latest quilt! I made one ONCE but thankfully it had solid arcs. but still. Good for you! And love your quilt shelves!

Jane @ Handiworking said...

Spectacular table runner! 💗

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Wow-o, that's amazing! I love the blue and orange.

I have a Judy Neimeyer pattern that was making me bonkers until I just said - forget it, I'm doing it my way! I think she has amazing pattern patterns and designs but is for a totally different personality type than me. :)

sophie said...

Great quilt!

sophie said...

... but it's those hexes as gears that really grabbed my imagination :-)

margaret said...

lovely quilt, colours work s very well together I quite like strip piecing. love your table runner and the shelves do a great job showing us all your quilts.