Wednesday, October 23, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Wednesday is my favorite quilty day of the week. I enjoy taking stock each week and re-prioritizing the to-do list. 

Finished: The Ninigret Quilters show has come and gone. I'm happy that it was a fun and successful show. See you all in 2015!


At the top of the list: Pete's album quilt. He is half way through boot camp, so I'd better get moving on getting his quilt done! I was prepared to take it to my machine quilter with no borders. But when I took it out to piece the backing, I wasn't happy with the borderless look.


Now, I'm planning a dark blue border and striped bias binding. But Bill likes a pieced triangle border. I don't have a lot of time, so a decision must be made. It looks like I'm heading to the LQS after lunch.


Next on the list: Mini Quilt Swap using these fabrics, plus a few more from stash. My partner has a Forest of Geese in her inspiration mosaic, so I shrunk the patterns down to mini size. One and a half inch geese blocks? That's right up my alley!


Head on over to Freshly Pieced and check out the adorable blocks Lee is working on!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

8 comments:

Beth said...

Love your album quilt. Very patriotic.

WoolenSails said...

I really love how your quilt is coming out. I have projects to finish after the holidays, lots of quilting to do.

Debbie

Sewing Mom said...

Beautiful album quilt.

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Love your album quilt. It is the pattern Iused for my first bed size quilt many years ago. I was inspired by Georgia Bonesteel.

Deborah said...

Love your album quilt. I love making album blocks!

Kristin said...

The album quilt is great! I love that pattern. I pieced one back in July using Christmas fabric. I ended up doing a solid border that matched the inside and outside of the blocks....anyway, still haven't quilted it yet though! Nice work!

Cathy said...

Ooooo....I'm liking the blue border and striped binding on Pete's quilt! The strips are a great touch!

Allison said...

I love the album quilt! I think a solid border would be great, especially since you are adding a striped binding.