Monday, March 28, 2011

Sew Modern Monday

I could have shown you this table runner a couple of weeks ago, but you know...
Cookies!


My quilt guild used to meet at the Pawcatuck Neighborhood Center. They recently had a fundraising event and asked for items for a basket raffle. Our guild donated a basket full of table runners and table toppers for each month of the year. One member is an expert basket maker, and she donated a gorgeous basket. Other members made and donated the runners and toppers.


This is the runner I made from leftovers of Meadowsweet. It is a knockoff of the Lil' Twister pattern. I don't own the acrylic template (yet) so I made do and cut out the squares with scissors.


I wish there was more contrast between the different prints, but I used what I had and this is what I got. It's fun and springy and I hope our basket earned lots of money for the PNC.


Please click on the button to visit more modern quilty goodness!

1 comment:

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

very pretty! I just got that template thingy and need to try it out!