Monday, August 10, 2009

Counting Down to Savannah!

Julia was in a show this weekend called All Shook Up. It's the story of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night set to Elvis music in the 50's. So FUN! Isn't she the cutest bobby sockser? We all agree she was born in the wrong decade. She should have been a teenager in the late 40's or 50's.


I will be in Savannah, Georgia, one week from today with my Girl Scouts and I can't wait!


I picked up some Kaffe fabric at the Button Box last week with my girls in mind. This fabric coordinates beautifully with our pink and lime green trip t-shirts, so I thought I would make them all a headband or something. Today, that something was luggage tags. I pre-printed their contact info on cardstock with one of our troop logos (554).


There are a bunch of tutorials out there for fabric luggage tags. I cut 2 pieces of fabric, 4x6", and 2 pieces of fusible interfacing, 4x6". The strap is a 12" long piece of grossgrain ribbon. The vinyl is cut 2.5 x 4" and topstitched on. Easy peasy!


Since I have a few extra luggage tags and my 100th post is coming up, stay tuned for a giveaway to be announced on Sunday. Some goodies from Savannah may be included!

3 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

How fun! Love the luggage tags!

Niya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Niya said...

Love the butterfly and flowers!!

Regards,
image stitching