Saturday, January 24, 2009

Stashbusting

I have taken the Stash Buster's Pledge for 2009. My personal goal is to use twice as much fabric as I purchase this year. As you can see on the sidebar, I'm just barely keeping up so far. I'm not sure when to count yards used. When it's cut? Top done? Quilt done? I'm going with top done, backing pieced, or binding made. So the racecar quilt has been counted, eventhough it has not been quilted yet. Judy, thanks for the inspiration!

I've only made a couple of trips to my local quilt shops and tried to stick to the necessities. On the first trip, Julia needed thread to quilt her boyfriend's quilt and I let her pick up some Kaffes. We just cannot resist when we're together. My sister wanted to thank me for some sewing I did for her art-student son. Here's what I picked out from eQuilter, my favorite online store. Isn't it gorgeous? I'll be making a quilt for our bed as an anniversary gift for Bill. Thanks, Anita!

I wanted to show you my stash, but iPhoto doesn't want you to see it today. I'll show you today's "before" picture in a few months, when my stash is smaller and neater.

I'm off to finally put away the remnants of Christmas decorations and do some flinging in the storage room. The whole house is a disaster. I need to get back on Flylady's list. She'll help me tame the chaos, 15 minutes at a time.

Ciao,
Tina

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous fabric purchase. The colors are lovely jewel tones. I can't wait to see what you whip up. Can't wait to see your stash, I just love stash pictures. I love iphoto too. Try dragging your pics to your desktop and then uploading them to blogger from there. That is what I do, works like a charm. When I am done, I just move them from the desktop to the trash.

dee said...

Hi Tina, thanks for stopping by. I'll post a pic of the blocks all together tomorrow. It came out really sweet. I love e-quilter too. thay have some great stuff and it's fun to just look at for ideas. Someday I'll tell you about my Closet of Shame. It's fairly famous among my friends who all are aiming for first place in my Will. Take care.