Wednesday, March 19, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I have three finishes to report this week, only 2 with pictures. I hemmed Julia's gown for the ROTC ball. I'll show you a picture after she attends the ball with Fred.

Class 2 of the 46 pocket bag project was last Saturday. I love my new bag, but I'll never remember where I put anything!


I also finished this 9-patch class sample. I decided to donate it to the school band boosters' raffle. My kids gained so much from the music department, I'm happy to continue to support the program.

9-Patch Swing, 58 x 70"

The musical prints had been in my stash for a few years.


It was fun to use them all up! I just needed a bit of solid red to fill up the back.


The blue jazz combo print is my favorite. I need to print a label and then this quilt will be ready to go.


Linking up...
http://www.freshlypieced.com/

9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I can't wait to see Julie in her gown. Beautiful purse, something I want to learn how to do, guess I can start with a simple tote and get the hang of making something.

Debbie

Scooquilt said...

I like your quilt for the Band fund-raiser. I, too, have music prints in my stash, left over from the one I made for my son and the one I made for the band director. Your bag class sounds interesting.

Nancy said...

Your back is lovely. It's hard to imagine 46 pockets but I'm sure you'll have everything you need wherever you go. And I love your 9-patch swing. The colors are great!

Renee said...

Cute bag! And great quilt, my aunt is a music teacher and would like it a lot!

Fort Worth Fabric Studio said...

Your bag turned out great Tina! Your quilt turned out great! I am sure the music department appreciates your donation! :)

Would love for you to stop by tomorrow and link this up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
-Lindsey
Fabric Frenzy Friday

margaret said...

the bag looks so useful but as you say a good place to lose things!Quilt looks great too

Cathy said...

Love the Swing quilt!!! My boys were both involved in the music department too. Saxaphone (and other woodwinds) for one; trombone for the other.

Carla said...

Love all your finishes but I really love that bag. Too cute!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

You made me see a way to use "print" fabricin a whole new way!! Thank you for that. :)