Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Stitching Stars Prep

 We're in the final stages of preparation for Ninigret Quilters' Stitching Stars quilt show. To take a break from paperwork, I spent the long weekend stitching stars.

 I pieced together some block parts and fabric leftover from the raffle quilt to make this little top. I'm planning to raffle it off to the quilt show volunteers. Surprise, Ninnies!


 I had a few more stars and scraps to play with, so I made eleven mug mats. Most of the stars were rejected from the raffle quilt because they were too big. They were perfect for improv piecing.


Simple straight line quilting is effective on these small pieces. They are roughly 7X10".



The guild is planning to teach a beginner quilting class starting in January. We thought the show would be a great place to publicize it. A few of us are making samples, and here's mine.


I've had these music prints for years, and it was time for them to be used!


OK. My break is over. Back to quilt show prep!

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love your mini version and your scrap piece, they are really beautiful. That is a nice way to thank the girls who put on the show.

Debbie

Lorna McMahon said...

Very lovely stars - ALL of them, Tina! Hope you don't mind if I share this, with a link back, on my facebook page at http://facebook.com/sewfreshquilts

Cathy said...

Leftovers work for quilts too!! These are great! The mug rugs are cute.

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Lovely Quilt and so kind of you to donate your time and work! amazing stuff. :)