Thursday, October 17, 2013

Inspiration

Ninigret Quilters spent the day setting up our quilt show.  One of my friends commented that she really liked the setting I used for the 9-patch swap blocks. I told her it was from a book, and I rarely do anything original. With that in mind, I'd like to share my inspirations for the following quilts.

Chris and Jamie's Wedding Ring won a few ribbons...
1st Place Exemplary Piecing
1st Place Exemplary Applique
1st Place Exemplary Use of Color
1st Place Exemplary Machine Quilting (by Pat Harrison)
Exemplary Edge Finish
and
Best of Show !!!


 All the credit and many thanks go to: 
Judy Niemeyer for her spectacular paper piecing pattern,
Erin Russek for her lovely applique patterns,
Kate Spain for her glorious fabric,
Pat Harrison for her amazing machine quilting,
Sharon Schamber for her youtube videos on how to stitch a scalloped binding,
and my friend, Maria Lage, for suggesting insisting on the scalloped binding!
Oh, and I should thank my nephew Christopher and his wife Jamie for patiently waiting for this quilt to be completed, 9 months after they were married!

If that were not enough ribbons for one person, a few other quilts were recognized.

Mod Bento earned a ribbon for 3rd Place Exemplary Scrap Quilt. Many thanks to all who participated in the Mod Bento Swap including my RI friend Jodi.


 Sugar Wave earned 2nd Place Exemplary Machine Quilting, Domestic. Thanks to Melissa Averinos for her awesome fabric line, Sugar Snap, and to Elizabeth Hartman for her New Wave Pattern.


Emerald Selvedge Spiderweb earned 1st Place Exemplary Scrap Quilt and Exemplary Innovative. Thank you to Karen Griska for creating my obsession for saving selvedges, and to Chris Bagley for teaching this workshop at our weekend retreat in March.
 

As quilt show chair, I'd like to invite beg you to visit us this weekend.

A woman with a plan! (to scale)
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4pm each day
Westerly Armory, Westerly, RI
If you live within a 90 minute radius (and beyond) of Westerly, it is worth the trip!

13 comments:

Lois said...

Tina... You ARE an inspiration. Thank you !

Scrapatches said...

Congratulations! Very Inspiring ... :) Pat

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Wow 6 ribbons!! Woo Hoo!!!

Gina said...

congrats on all those ribbons!!! If i lived close i would definitely stop by but it would be a fight across the country for me. Hope you have a fun weekend!!

Deborah said...

Amazing quilts!! I wish I could see them in person!

Debbie said...

wow - that's great Tina! Your work is inspiring indeed! Have a fun weekend!

rsb said...

So glad I made the trip to see the show. Nice selection of quilts and of course I just happened to find a couple of fabrics that I liked from the vendors!

Diane said...

Tina, You are truly amazing and an inspiration to all of us. I am so glad I made the drive down to the show today, it was worth every minute of travel time. It was wonderful to see all the quilts but especially to see all of yours and you in person. Congratulations on all the well deserved ribbons!!! The show was really wonderful, great job.

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Congrats!! Lovely work and lovely recognition. :)

Akuh said...

Thank your for your sharing here. It gives me an idea for beach theme wedding ideas

Cathy said...

Congratulations! You are a versatile and talented quilter!

Kate D. Spain said...

Tina!

Congratulations!

Just AMAZING!! Love that quilt -- those quilts by everyone that you've kindly shared here.

Keep on it!

Best to you, your family, and your son Pete.

We have to meet up when we're up in your neck of the woods ... near Ninigret Pond (where we visit with friends).

kate@katespain.com

Val's Quilting Studio said...

What beautiful Award Winners. I actually just skimmed back to pick a favorite and couldn't! LOL!!