Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fresh Fabric

What is it that draws us to new fabric? In my case, I think it was PMS. I needed to see something pretty!

My online retail therapy started at Fat Quarter Shop and continued at an Etsy shop called Sew Fresh Fabrics. Both orders were placed on Thursday, and both packages arrived on Monday. That's speedy service!

How about some Kate Spain? Terrain charm pack from SFF and the 1/2 yard cuts of Flurry and Terrain from FQS.


And some other goodies. The Lizzy House (Smartly Outfoxed) pack from FQS and the typewriter keys for Julia (Circa 1934 by Cosmo Cricket) from SFF.


And a fun stripe from SFF that goes with my 4x5 swap blocks. Border or binding, perhaps? I just realized I haven't posted all of the blocks that I received from the swap on this blog. I'll get right on that! In the meantime, you can see everything in the Flickr group. We were Hive 14.


We spent a fun family day in New Haven on Saturday. We had matinee tickets for Fela! which is an amazing Broadway show about Fela Kuti. We don't usually travel that far for a single event, so we left home early enough to visit the Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History. It has been on our list of places to go for 20 years!

As a former Geology major, I've always wanted to see the infamous "bronotsaurus" skeleton in the main hall. Check that off the list!


This Moa skeleton reminded Julia of Kevin in the movie Up!


I don't know anything about architecture, but I thought this building on the Yale campus was really pretty.


We're soaking up as much quality family time as possible before Julia goes off to college next Fall! We're planning a trip to the Boston Museum of Science in December to see the Pompeii exhibit.

3 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love your new fabric and the campus building is wonderful!

Elisa Black said...

Love all your new fabric purchases!! Enjoy creating with them! We visit Peabody at least several times a year (since I live in a suburb of New Haven). The kids love it. I used to docent there and did an internship there, too, so it has a special place in my heart. Glad you had a nice day to enjoy walking in New Haven.

Ginny said...

Love your blog, you are sooo real! Your quilts are gorgeous and sometimes, well sometimes you just HAVE TO have some new fabric--it makes you smile.