Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fresh Fabric

Julia and I have gone a little crazy buying fabric this past week. We HAD to buy a little at the Mod Conn meeting at Colchester Mill. And then Folk Art Quilts, our hometown quilt shop, is having their semi-annual sale this weekend, so we HAD to pick up a few more things. At 30% off! Hello? How could we not?


Most of it has a project planned for it. Julia will be making pillowcases for her friends for Christmas and she needs to replace a tote bag she made for herself years ago that she can't find. I picked up the tone on tone modern prints, hoping to use them in the next round of the 4x5 swap, but Julia might use some of them for pillowcase cuffs. Look, Jackie, I bought some teal!

I've been de-stashing to make room for these lovelies. I'll show you my progress soon!

3 comments:

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hey, I didn't get my post card from Folk Art reminding me of the sale. I'm better off...I keep buying and not using!! Not to add to your buying habit, but I received an emailed from Hancock's of Paducah and they have Kaffe on sale for $6.00/yd.
~Karen~

Elisa Black said...

Nice purchases!! Enjoy quilting with them! I left Colchester Mill with 2 half-yards of Batman fabrics to make a cube organizer for my son (for pencils, tape, scissors, glue stick, etc). I was quite reatrained-- it was a wonderful store (and my first time there)

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love the teal small dot!