Wednesday, January 12, 2011

WIP Wednesday- SNOW DAY!

Well, my guild meeting (including my lecture on Modern Quilting) scheduled for tonight was snowed out. I'm hoping a snow day will translate into lots of sewing! My lecture is being bumped to next month which will give me time to get some of the pieces quilted, so I won't be showing only tops. It's all good.

I have been working on a Whirlygig baby quilt for a couple of days. I started out with the inspiration print below from the line Savannah by Christine Graf for Clothworks. I like it just fine and it would be lovely as a baby quilt. (As a side note, we met my nephew's girlfriend Savannah last week, so I'm saving the selvages to make a little something for her.)


Then this Philip Jacobs print, Waltzing Matilda, appeared on the table and I love it even more. So I cut some pinks and pulled out the blue. I think it could use some green. We'll see where this ends up!
Which do you like better? Savannah or Matilda?


It's been snowing since about midnight and is expected to continue into the afternoon. This is the most snow we've had in one storm so far this season.
View of the back yard:


View out the front door:


I love snow!
Kona Snow, that is!
It is a gorgeous soft white and it works with everything.
Who knew I could love a solid white so much?!


Visit Freshly Pieced to see what other bloggers are working on today!

6 comments:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Pretty whirlys! What great colors!

So Very Domestic said...

The colours are beautiful, great choice!

Lee said...

Very cute whirlygigs. I just love those, I need to do them sometime. Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday, have a great snow day! : )

Thearica said...

Love your quilts!! Gonna make some new momma very happy!!

Diane said...

Love the whirlys! The colors are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your snow pictures!!!

Angie said...

Working with Kona snow on a snow day - how perfect! I personally like Matilda with the pinks!