Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Star Crazy 1

I've gone Star Crazy! Here are my month 1 blocks for the Star Crazy Block of the Month from the Quilt Show. I'm hoping my new friends at the Star Crazy Log Blog will keep me on track. This quilt will be an anniversary gift for my husband and I'm happy to announce that he really likes these first few blocks.


The pattern suggested paper-piecing the half-square triangles, which I wasn't sure I wanted to do. I figured I'd give it a try and I love it! I'm hooked. There are a boatload of HSTs in this pattern, so I'm very happy that this technique is so accurate. Look at those perfect little HSTs!


I forgot to tell you about another challenge on my list. It is the MQX charity challenge for the New England Quilt Museum. The small quilt has to include a Bear Paw block and use this yummy fabric. The deadline is March 1. Wish me luck!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tina, Just wonderful fabrics you chose! This one is going to be a stunner for sure!

Joan said...

THANK YOU for doing the MQX Challenge for the New England Quilt Museum! The fabrics are just beautiful, I can't wait to see what everyone does with them!