Friday, February 13, 2009

Quilting Along with Judy

I'm asking myself, "Do I have time for this?" The answer is, of course not. But I want to play, too! So I'm participating in Judy's Quilt Along at Patchwork Times: Bear in the Farmhouse. I work well with deadlines and under pressure, so proving that I have finished a step before receiving the next one could really work for me.Here is step 1. Fabric selection is complete. Yeah! I met the first deadline. I probably won't have enough of the stripe, but it's the only thing in my stash even close to 2 yards. It was fun to dig really deep in the stash for those 90's pinks and mauves and really old printed muslins. Where Judy used yellow, I'll use pink. The multi-color pile will be the 1/2 square triangles. I wish I had a better green. And the solid chocolate brown will be the narrow borders and binding. I just bought that last week for Julia. I can get more.

OK. Enough fun for now. Back to work on Anna's blocks. I did some sewing early this morning, but felt like I needed a nap. I really just needed to eat more. My breakfast was not balanced, so I crashed early. Trying to lose weight? Eat more! Go figure.

Ciao,
Tina

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your fabric choices look great! I can't wait to see them all sewn up. I know losing weight is kind of funky isn't it?