Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day

The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and we have a new, healthy baby in the family. The amaryllis was a gift from my mother-in-law. I love that they bloom in the dead of winter, when you need to see something beautiful.

Julia knew right away that she wanted Anna's quilt to be pinwheels, so we're going with Whirlygiggle from Crazy Mom Quilts. I redrafted the pattern so the two pieces are identical, and the blocks finish at 5". I made 2 sample blocks last night with scraps from Lily's puff quilt and I just got back from the quilt shop with this lucious fabric. I thought I was going to buy a lovely, traditional print, but the Kaffe aisle always pulls me in. I love this print! The comination of pastels and brights will make for a much more interesting quilt. I had a big piece of white, so I got all those pieces cut last night. I ran into some guild ladies in the shop. They wanted to know if the top would be done for show & tell tonight. I wish! Unfortunately, I do have other commitments. Like baking cookies for the refreshment table and driving kids around after school. Here are the ATC's that I made for this month's theme: Words of Wisdom. The background fabric is from the Beatles collection and says All You Need is Love. I'm not sure which one I'll swap. The pieced heart is a paper-pieced pin that I made this morning. I'll tell you all about those another day. Gotta go put the fabric in the dryer.
Ciao,
Tina

3 comments:

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Congrats on the new addition to the family!! I love the fabric you bought. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. Knowing you it won't take long!!
~Karen~

Unknown said...

The whirlygig quilt will be the perfect gift. The amaryllis is beautiful!

Unknown said...

I didnt know you made a pin! i like it a lot!!! that beatles fabric is my favorite fabric in the world. Im glad we all agree the pinwheels were agood idea. :)luv you mom!