Friday, March 6, 2020

Frankie's Woodland Friends

Here's another baby quilt I made in 2017, this one for my great nephew, Frankie. I blurred out Frankie's unique middle name for privacy reasons.


Most of the animals are from the pattern Woodland Critters by Shiny Happy World.


I added the turtle (for the book character Franklin) and a cardinal at mom's request.


I don't do machine appliqué often, but I did enjoy the process. I worked on one block at a time, adding to the design wall as I went.


I did not quilt-as-you-go as suggested in the pattern. 


 I love how Wendi's creatures have such character.







4 comments:

Julierose said...

this is so adorable--I especially love Mrs. Fox ;))) hugs, Julierose

Sue SA said...

These are adorable creatures and such effective designs, but easy! I have never raw edged appliqued, but I love that look of the black thread against the colours. I was wondering if you knew how well it holds up well to repeated washing?

WoolenSails said...

That is such a cute quilt and I like how machine appliqué looks on the kid's quilts.
I still need to sit down and figure out my quilter, need to practice and finish old tops, then I can quilt more when I get the hang of it.

Debbie

Debbie said...

Super cute!