I'm always surprised when so much time passes between blog posts. It is never my intention to be gone for so long. If you ever wonder what I'm working on, check my Instagram account. I've been posting there for instant gratification.
It does take some time to sit down at a computer, upload and edit pics from my camera, and write a coherent blog post. Since I'm all caught up with deadlines, I finally have the time to do all that. So get ready for a bunch of posts!
When we left off in August, I was finishing up the blocks for my little Wild & Goosey quilt.
When I started this project back in February, it was a leader/ender project. Toward the end, I just wanted to get it done, so it become a primary project. I cut all the pieces for the goose blocks from my bin of batik scraps. I wanted to control the chaos, so you might be able to see how I placed warm and cool colors in each block.
The binding is scrappy, too, but I used a fresh piece of batik for the backing.
I combined straight lines and free motion quilting with variegated YLI machine quilting thread. It's a neat little piece that I will be happy to hang up in January when I need color!
Wild & Goosey
36" X 36"
Started February 1, 2015
Completed August 28, 2015