Since Star Crazy became a wedding gift, I used the leftover stars to make a little wall hanging for myself. I'm calling it Happy Stars, but that is subject to change if someone thinks of something better.
I did lots and lots of parallel quilting lines using Aurifil 50 wt in color #2326. It is a deep beige that blends beautifully with the batiks. I spray basted the layers together, and had some trouble with the sides bowing out as I quilted. That probably had more to do with quilting on the bias than with the spray. I steamed the heck out of it to straighten out the borders. It's better, but still not perfectly square.
I decided to hang it in the downstairs powder room/laundry room. It is replacing the easy overlay mini that I made in 2008. I still love it, but I am ready for a change.
It is hard to get the colors right in a room with no windows.
(Star Crazy Leftovers)
Blocks started in January 2010
Pieced and quilted on August 3, 2013