Monday, May 24, 2010

Family and Flowers

We've had a busy couple of weeks around here.

I was in a horribly foul mood for over a week (hence the missing blog posts), so Bill bought me this gorgeous rose and some chocolate to cheer me up. It didn't work, but when the mood finally broke (like a switch suddenly being thrown), I did appreciate the effort.
Look at that color and the ruffled petals!


This clematis might be my favorite plant in my garden. It is supported by the mailbox post, and it is a wonderful greeting at the end of the driveway.


Julia played Echo Taps at the Veteran's Cemetery on Armed Forces Day with about 40 other brass players. It is a very moving ceremony. She'll play again at the RI Vietnam Monument on Memorial Day. I'm so happy and proud that she represents the Girl Scouts as a bugler.


Pete's current garage band played at a Battle of the Bands recently. He totally rocks!
(I know, it's a horrible picture. There is a new camera in my future.)


He's learning to enjoy playing in the high school Symphony Orchestra on timpani. He prefers classical music to the marches that the band plays. The percussion parts are more challenging and interesting. (A slightly better photo.)


The sun is shining and life is good! Have a great week!

No comments: