Wednesday, May 14, 2014

WIP Wednesday

 It was a week of starts, but no finishes. Starting is more exciting for me than finishing!

Today, I took a paper piecing class with my friend, Jackie Kunkel. She presented a trunk show to Ninigret Quilters last night and taught a cactus flower table runner class today. I got four units done. I'm hoping that my curved seams will improve as I do the remaining 12 units. I have some puckering, but it's not bad enough to rip out (in my opinion).


I started working on my challenge piece for the current Modern Quilt Guild fabric challenge. I designed it in EQ7 and I'm pleased with how it's coming together. It will be on the back burner for a little while as I work on the AMB blog hop piece.
 

Julia is home from school for the summer and already has her own WIP. She picked up some charm packs from Jackie last night and started playing. 
 

Also on the short list, I have another prom dress to hem for a friend. This is not something I would want to do for a living, but I'm happy to help when I can. If you have a dress to hem this season, take a peek at my tutorial. It works with sheer fabrics, too.

 
Time to surf!

3 comments:

Wonky Patchwork said...

Your paper piecing looks great to me, definitely not seam ripper time. And lovely that your daughter enjoys quilting too.

margaret said...

block looks good and love those strip pieces. What a lovely array of charm packs your daughter has, wonder what plans she has for them

Gina said...

Your blocks look great both the paper pieced block and the strips!! I am sure you will enjoy having Julia home for,the summer :)