Monday, February 3, 2014

Catching up

 I visited my friend Karen on Friday to play with her toys! Yes, her sewing room (and entire home) is as amazing in person as it is on her blog.


She had gotten some new dies from Accuquilt recently. I copped up a box of modern scraps into clamshell shapes.
 

I don't think I like them all up next to each other like this. I think I'll have to cut some shapes out of Kona white or snow for alternating rows.


When I got home from Karen's, I was happy to see that the red amaryllis had bloomed. It was a gift from Julia's boyfriend, Fred. Red won the race against the white one from my mother-in-law.

 
 I know you've been wondering if Bill's car is in the garage yet. I was a day late, but it was done on Saturday. There is still a lot to do out there when it gets warmer. This is good enough for now. This month, I'm focusing on cleaning out my bedroom so the carpet can be replaced. Yay!


Have you ever been out and suddenly realized you did not have your purse or driver's license with you? It happened to me on Friday. I was going to risk it and go on with my day, but I just couldn't do it. I turned around and went back home to get it. It must be the Catholic guilt.

Have a great week, guilt-free!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I'll have to look up your friend Karen's blog. Love those clamshells - I like the idea of some white mixed in. I bought an Amaryllis after Christmas at Target for half price, and it looks it, compared to yours! It's barely half as tall and the flowers are not as big, but it's still pretty just the same. Maybe I'll see you and Julia Saturday at Ryco, Tina.