Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Modern Mug Mats

 Happy Monday!  I just spent that last four hours making these super cute mug mats with a little help from my mother.  Julia graduated* from high school on Friday, and she wants to give gifts to a few teachers and her guidance counselor.  The underclassmen have a couple more days of final exams, so she's hoping to deliver these tomorrow.


When I was in Christmas Tree Shop a few weeks ago, I picked up a few mugs for $1 each with the thought that I could make matching mats for last minute gifts.  Now I need to buy more!


I dug through my scrap bin of modern prints and pulled all the blues for this one.  Pretty!
 

I'm not crazy about this green one, but it'll do.
 

I really like this bright one!  I think it will go to the Environmental Biology teacher.
 

I'm excited to be linking up to Sew Modern Monday again!  It's been a while.  I hope to see you all again soon.


* I'll need to do a graduation post tomorrow.

10 comments:

Celtic Thistle said...

Your mugs and mug rugs look great, they will make lovely gifts.

Ruth said...

What a great idea matching the mugs to the mug rugs. I think I'll do this, too.

Deborah said...

These are so lovely!! What beautiful gifts!

Susan J Barker said...

you choice of fabrics to go with the mugs is perfect!

Bumblebee and Sophie said...

These are so cute! What a great gift idea!!

Ann @thequiltingcats said...

I love them! And how you matched them to the mugs!

Tessa @ TheSewingChick said...

Hi Tina. These mats are beautiful! How clever to match them to the mugs. Such thoughtful and special gifts!

Kate said...

I'm sure the teachers will really enjoy these gifts. They are beautiful. What a great idea.

Nancy said...

Lovely mug rugs!!! Do you have a tutorial that you could share?

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

They'll make great presents!

P.S. At the risk of appearing thick...what's an 'underclassman'?!!