Friday, July 22, 2011

Fabric Friday

Does this look like someone on a fabric diet?
I couldn't help it. I need them! They need me!


Julia and I went to Fairfield, Connecticut yesterday to look at colleges. Naturally, I had to look for a local quilt shop. What we found was Make & Mingle, a hip little shop on a sweet alley in a trendy area of downtown. This fabric-wrapped bike was parked outside!


They don't have much fabric, but what they do have is all modern and fun! I picked up a few that I will use in the 4X5 swap.

Joel Dewberry, Modern Meadow, Herringbone in pond
City Weekend by Liesl Gibson for Oliver & S
Heather Baily, Nicey Jane, Hop Dot in sky
Denyse Schmidt, Hope Valley, Thistle Leaf


I finally broke down and bought a little Central Park from Three Sisters Fabric. I had to have it! I'm thinking about making a Garden Fence quilt with it and some of the solids below.


I knew I could count on Jackie at Canton Village for the solids I needed! I'll do my best to give you the Kona names in order from the top:

Banana, Papaya, Mango, School Bus, Tomato, Celery,
Aqua, Bahama Blue, Lagoon, Deep Blue, Lupine.


The intense heat has finally arrived in Rhode Island. We get a little bit of a break living near the coast. If I do any sewing today, it will be paper-piecing that doesn't require turning on the iron!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

That's funny, Tina, your fabric diet, or NOT! I'm having the same trouble, without even entering a shop! Looking at blogs gets me into trouble! How about that new Laurie Wisbrun Ostrich fabric? so cute, I just HAD to order me some!
Have a great weekend!

Ruth said...

That fabric covered bike is just great! Thanks for sharing!

Ellen said...

A sensible diet is all things in moderation right? You stumble a little from time to time, but you can forgive yourself. Especially when its Central Park! I adore that line.