Friday, May 6, 2011

Upcycled Shoes!

Julia and I were in need of some retail therapy. Usually, for us that means shoes! The super cute red canvas wedges fit both of us and we can't resist a red shoe.

When we got home, she dug out the 3-year old white wedges. We didn't wear them at all last year because the tab in front had discolored. Julia tried to clean it with no luck.


OK. Let's cover it up! Kona Snow was the perfect shade of off-white to match the white canvas. I tried to make flowers similar to the red ones, but I had to use a different technique that I'm sure I saw on a blog somewhere.


It's like a new pair of shoes!
All for 50 cents worth of Kona and about 30 minutes.


Julia wore the new red shoes to school today with a navy skirt, white top, and jean jacket. Add a red plastic bangle bracelet and Grandma's enamel red, white and blue daisy pin and she looks super cute!


I'm linking to Karen's Sew Darn Crafty Party. Go see what other crafty people are up to.

1 comment:

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

Very patriotic! I can't believe how well that Kona cottom matched up.