Friday, September 24, 2010

Vintage Finds

Julia and I love browsing consignment shops for vintage goodness! Yesterday, we had some time to kill, so we went to our favorite shop. We never leave there empty-handed!


The navy blue purse with gold and rhinestone trim is for prom. Last year, she bought a pair of navy blue gloves at the same shop and started designing her prom dress around them. Now, she has the perfect purse. No dress yet, but the accessories (including Grandma's vintage rhinestones) are all set!


The metal flower sculpture is for Julia's room. We might add some crystals to the center of the flowers for some bling. I'll show it to you again after it gets hung up.


I'm always on the hunt for vintage buttons. The large orange ones will become a bracelet.


I am addicted to vintage earrings! I can get a pair at this shop for only $4. I thought it was funny that the green and blue singles were sold as a pair.


Look at the backs of these aurora borealis beauties!


Most of the earrings are destined to become cocktail rings like these. I think they are fun and kind of silly. They didn't sell well last year at the holiday sales, but there are more of them in retail shops now, so I hope it goes better this time around.


Have a great weekend!

No comments: