The piecing obsession continues! I took out the
Farmer's Engineer's Wife project yesterday. In 24 hours, I had 20 more blocks done. Here are blocks #61-80.
The stack is growing and the end is in sight!
I had 9 new blocks finished last night that I posted to Instagram. My friend Anita Grossman Solomon commented on my maverick block. I thought Maverick was an alternate name for this block. It actually is a term used by quilt dealers and historians to refer to a block with a mistake in it. Anita was too kind to come right out and say I had screwed up! But as soon as she drew attention to the block in question, I saw the mistake.
It was a quick fix as the last row had been sewn on upside down.
The errors continued today when I trimmed this block totally the wrong way.
I started over, trimmed the right way, and all is well.
I've got ten more blocks ready to be stitched up tomorrow. I should make it to the magical block #111 in a few days!